Friday 7 September 2012

Hurricanes remind me of the oneness that we are


Needless to say I had a restless night the night before last thinking about the pending Hurricane and what it means for my family. Thinking about my children starting their first day of school with a giant hurricane looming. So yesterday morning I got up at 5 having been awake since about 3 and listened. And I could hear the booming ocean through my closed windows. Over the sound of the air-conditioning in my home. Believing the hurricane was slowly but surely making her way towards us. Realising there was nothing I could do except prepare and hope for the best.
I went to the family room window to look out fully expecting to see a stormy sky but what I saw instead was a perfectly starry one. I could see Venus shining brightly in the middle of the other stars. Orion’s belt as clear as day. But there was a red hue in the distance letting me know we were definitely experiencing the calm before the storm.
I went to Yoga at lunch time trying to clear my head of the jumble. Trying to shake the headache with the meditative flow of Yin Yoga. I held those meditative poses  for as long as I could releasing the heat from my body. Allowing space for positive energy to flow back in. Feeling joyous and at peace when I was done.  I felt so much better for taking the time to centre myself. Refocus on the now rather than projecting into something I had no control over. And then I heard the Hurricane was moving further to the East, away from us, sparing us the worst of her wrath. And I was grateful. So grateful.
This morning I got up at 5 and went to the window right away and was greeted by the same starry sky as yesterday morning. The moon so bright it almost felt like someone had turned a light on. There were heavy clouds on the peripherals of the sky indicating all was not as perfect as it seemed. But instead of worrying about what was coming I decided to be grateful for what was right in front of me in that moment. And immediately felt relief flow through me.
I thought about the beautiful day yesterday. My children having a great first day at school. Me going back to work back taking the time to do Yoga and refocus myself. Of all the positive events and people that I came across. I thought about how people tend to look out for each other and reach out to each other whenever there is a hurricane coming. I realised hurricanes come  to help us to clear all the negative energy in ourselves so we can think of all that we have to be grateful for rather than all that we do not.
Hurricanes help to move all the stagnant air in the atmosphere including that which we are producing . They come to help us to begin anew as does everything after the devastation they may cause.  The ocean is still booming. My pressure headache has lessened indicating to me that Hurricane Leslie is not as much a threat to us as she was yesterday. That she has shifted away.  The sky is not yet ominous and I have decided hurricanes are a part of nature just like the most beautiful days are and I am grateful for them all for I know everything has a purpose.
I have decided to contribute to the positive energy that is flowing around my Island home right now. That generosity of spirit and genuine concern for each other that is being shared as we wish each other the best through Hurricane Leslie. And who knows that positive energy alone may push her that much further to the East giving us a reprieve from her wrath. Reminding me always that Nature is all powerful and we are a part of her power. Nature is a part of us and we are a part of nature. The oneness that we are.
Infusing me with the intention to just go with the flow. To enjoy the calm before the storm because this is going to be a long and stormy weekend but nowhere near as bad as we had first anticipated. And I am going to send out as much love and light as I can to the Universe with the hope that my family, our home and my little Island is spared from the wrath of Hurricane Leslie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment