Monday 10 September 2012

A Storm and OWN remind me of the importance of surrender


Yesterday I was given one of the greatest gifts and blessings in a long time. I was given a storm which forced me to stay indoors to surrender to the day. And because we were marooned inside we decided that everyone would be able to do what their hearts desired. That meant I got to watch SuperSoul Sunday on Facebook. And what a blessing that turned out to be for me.
Yesterday allowed me to understood there is no such thing as chance. No such thing as luck. Instead life is full of synchronicities that draw us to the place where we are meant to be. I looked out the window at the storm that was blowing outside. Stirring up the atmosphere getting rid of all the old making room for the new. While as I sat safely inside, the same for happening for Oprah and Iyanla on SuperSoul Sunday. I watched the pair of them getting rid of old beliefs and getting rid of old assumptions. Repairing a relationship that needed to be repaired. Listening to each other honestly and openly.
Often with tears in my eyes as I watched two women being honest with each other. Not waiting until they walked away from each other to tear each other apart. Making space for compassion and forgiveness. Empathy and respect. Closing the door to ill will, jealousy and backstabbing. So refreshing.
As I watched these two power houses go through a powerful process of healing I understood that sometimes we have to go out on our own before we are ready so that we may fall publicly. To be humiliated. And the reason we are meant to is to give us the ability to make room within ourselves to learn the lesson we could not before. To learn humility, patience, compassion, forgiveness, and respect. To learn who we are and who we are not. To learn what we are capable of and what we are not.
Sometimes we have to fall as Iyanla did in order to open ourselves to surrender. To, as Oprah and Iyanla showed on SuperSoul Sunday, open our arms wide and surrender to the message of the Universe without any preconceived notions of who we are and who we are meant to be. Only through falling are we able to look up and around  to see  we are not victims. To see  we are creators of our own destiny. To learn we are only hampered  by what we allow to happen to us and we cannot blame anyone but ourselves for where we find ourselves in our lives. BECAUSE WE HAVE ALLOWED IT TO HAPPEN. Invited in with open arms that which is comfortable for us rather than making space for those uncomfortable times that will take us where we need to go and be.
Thank you Universe for bringing me Tropical Storm Leslie and OWN on the same day. For  allowing me the space to understand surrender. To recognise surrender is the process of opening myself up to the lessons I was brought here to learn. Opening myself wide. Letting go of expectations and preconceived notions. For understanding surrendering does not mean giving up and lying down believing we are victims. Not at all. Surrender is the exact opposite.
Surrender means we get up and keep going. Surrender means sending our intentions out into the world. And then we let go by going about being who we are. And when the time is right, when we are ready and when the universe is ready for us, we will get what we desire. 

No comments:

Post a Comment