Tuesday 18 September 2012

Breathing space makes way for the true me


Have you ever felt so busy that you don’t know where to start? Don’t know which pile to tackle first. So busy thinking about everything you have to do that you can’t start anything?
That’s how I’m feeling at the moment. Too much going on. Too much to do. Too many demands. Too many people wanting something from me. Paperwork piling up. Deadlines coming and going. Meeting after meeting. From one to the next. Barely having time to breathe through them. To digest anything from any of them.
Feeling guilty about missing events in my children’s lives because I am too busy doing other things. Things that if I didn’t do could keep piling up as they are now. The piles keeping getting higher and higher almost to the point where I can’t see over the top. No space for thinking. No time for creativity. Innovation, what’s that? When the meetings and tasks keep rolling in.
Ideas come and go like speeding bullets. Gone before I have had the chance to write them down. Gone before I have had the chance to process them. Downward spiralling. Feeling sorry for myself because I can’t get anything done. Meetings and more meetings. Discussions about the same things. Whatever happened to the days when people just did? Without planning. Without committees. Without everyone second guessing each other. Without people trying to outdo each other. What happened to good old fashioned collaboration? When people worked together. Had each other’s backs. Wanted to see each other succeed.
When did everything else become more important than breathing space? Quality time. Time to rejuvenate. Why do people forego personal time in pursuit of status, money and position? What have we become when we measure our success by how busy we are rather than on how productive we are? Because believe it or not there is a difference, busy people aren’t always productive. They can’t be because they aren’t focussed on anything but being busy.
Sometimes being busy or having the appearance of being busy takes us away from ourselves. Takes us away from being our essence selves. Takes us away from being the best we can be because we are so busy being busy rather than being us. Busyness masks who we are. Doesn't give us time to be who we are meant to be because we are too busy being busy.
So I have a mission today and my mission is I am going to stop feeling so pressured. Stop feeling so busy. Stop believing I can do it all. Instead I am going to do the best I can in the time I have to do it in. Then,  I am going to shut it all off so I can have some breathing space. Some quality time with myself to make room for my better self to emerge. So I can open myself up to the abundance of the universe rather than closing myself off in the dark hovels of its scarcity. Step outside of that mentality that tells me  am an underachiever if I don’t do it all. Reminding myself I realise I can’t and won’t be able to do it all because I am human limited by my human imperfections. The very same imperfections that make me the woman I am today.
Breathing space whenever I can today. Inhaling deeply and exhaling slowly to allow me to make way for the true me. I feel relief rolling in already.... And so can you.

No comments:

Post a Comment