Thursday 27 September 2012

A miracle unexplained


Do you believe that death is final? Do you ever wonder what happens to us once we die? Do you believe in spirits? In angels?  Ghosts?  The haunted and the hunted?
Do you believe that we keep coming back here to learn lessons and when we’re done there is nothing more to come back for? Do you wonder why we are here? What caused us to come here and why we would want to be here facing so many trials?
Do you wonder what is beyond the sky, the stars and moon? Do you wonder whether there truly is a parallel universe? Do you question what our human race has been brought here to do?
I do often. Wondering how we fit into this large, mysterious, and infinite universe. Why we fit into it. I question sometimes how we can stand up and walk without falling over. I marvel at the miracle that is us.  Questioning who or what could have come up with the concept of us and why?
Then I think we must be from the same origin – from the same space and place. Sharing a commonality of some measure.Yet we sometimes turn on each other. Why?
Why do we come here living in different parts of the world? Speaking different languages. Having varying colors of skin. Growing up with different experiences and cultures. Of varying wealth and poverty and somewhere in between. Why?
Do you wonder why we go for material gain rather than spiritual gain? Why we have made life so complicated piling more onto our plates than we can ever handle or eat or even care to. Why we torture ourselves?
Sometimes I look at the street people and wonder if they have life sussed out because they seem to get the concept of present moment living. While we struggle - projecting ourselves into an unknown future. Whereas they don’t conform to anyone’s pressures but their own. Just being. Asking for money to get their next meal. I look at my cousin who is schizophrenic and walks around the streets asking for money and I don’t see any stress in his eyes. His thoughts trapped within the recesses of his brain. Not concerned about mortgages, jobs, pressures. Does he have it right? Is my life really that much different from his?
And then I sit back and think about my questions. Really pondering them. And my only consistent answer is that we have been sent here to understand that no matter how different we are, no matter what we believe or think, we are all here to accept diversity on the outside. But hopefully get that on the inside we are all the same. That we all want to love and to be loved. To be heard and understood. To be acknowledged. To learn empathy and compassion. To share. To teach and learn. To understand we are one race – the human race here on this plane for a finite amount of time in order to grasp all we can about the physical being to prepare us for something much more. For the day when we truly understand and embrace our soul.
Still there is so much I don’t understand and never will but I figure as long as I keep questioning and searching and learning and teaching eventually I will find the answers. But in the meantime I will continue to marvel at the miracle that is us. The journey of this adventure called life and its great mystery. Appreciating every moment I am given. Every person that crosses my path. Every encounter I face. Accepting I am a part of this great mystery – a miracle unexplained but wonderful nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment