Thursday 14 June 2012

Only when we are ready to receive


Yesterday I was walking past one of the large windows at work when something compelled me to stop and look outside. So I did. And the beauty that greeted me was almost indescribable.
The humidity is unusually low for this time of the year. And when it is low all the colours look so crisp and vibrant. So the greens are much greener than usual. The blues more hypnotic. Outside of the window was like an oasis – what one would dream of if they were stuck in a desert. In front of me in a circular garden were several palm trees looking lush beyond the imagination. But they were real. They were in the middle of green grass that looked like it was painted. But it hadn’t. It was real.
Beyond that was the turquoise ocean gently flowing in the harbour. Boats, yachts bobbing up and down in an azure dream. Like a scene out of a romantic novel. Looking up at the perfect sky with a few clouds floating by, I was captivated. Thinking I walk past that window most every day and wondering why I had never stopped to look outside. Never even noticed the beauty that is there for me whenever I need it – of course it helps to see it on a perfect day such as yesterday.
And then I knew I was being sent a reminder from the Universe – a reminder to stop and look at what is right in front of my face- free and accessible to lift my spirits whenever I need a lift. A reminder to not always have my mind focused on what is so far beyond me that I forget to see what is right in front of me.
I stood at the window for a few minutes more. Not worrying about what others would think about me standing there -  taking it all in. Not rushing myself away. Enjoying the feeling that was taking over me. Feeling my breath slowing down. Feeling the tension oozing out of me. Feeling lighter and full of peace, love, light and abundance. Recognising even when we are locked away in office settings, the outside is always there when we are ready for its gifts and abundance. It’s just beyond the windows and doors – always ready to give. But only when we are ready to receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment