Saturday 2 June 2012

Going back to the basics of life


It’s a beautiful Saturday morning. The sun is out in full blast. A gentle breeze is blowing. The sky has that Bermuda haze that lets you know it’s going to be a humid day.
I should be out doing what I have to do but I felt compelled to sit and write and explore the stuff that’s going on inside me. To understand the chatter that is relentless. Asking me to question what it is that I want out of life instead of wishing. Asking me to have the nerve to ask for what I want instead of wishing. Asking me to just go for it and let the chips fall where they may. Instead of wishing.
I woke up this morning with the sun streaming through my windows. Feeding me with light and hope. Letting me know that I am a part of all of this. So what am I? A contributor or taker.
Lately I have had the urge to do more. Be more. Be of service to our society. Instead of sitting on the sidelines and complain about everything and do nothing to change. Change comes from a place deep within all of us.
Perhaps I am thinking too large. Trying to be too grandiose in my way of thinking. Perhaps I just need to accept that I cannot go out into the world and change other people but I can change the way I view the world and my place in it. And then I will accept who I am and be who I am allowing those that desire to be instruments of change to come into my space. Feeding enlightened energy. Combining our energies and spreading it to others who come into our space.
So is this what the Universe is trying to tell me? That instead of looking for the next big thing, “I have to go back to the basics of life: forgiveness, courage, gratitude, love and human. I seek inner peace.” Thanks Louise Hay Quote of the Day for being my guide. For helping me to see by going back to the basics of life, I will I be of service that I want to be because I will be a part of the positive energy our society desires.
Yes I think it is and that is exactly what I want to do and will do. I will use the energy that poured into me this morning with the rising sun and use my intention of being a beacon of light today and see what the day brings. Not expecting. Not interfering. Just being a contributor. Not trying to take anything from anyone or anything. Just giving.
Happy Saturday everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment