Wednesday 8 October 2014

A Prayer for Peace

I woke up this morning with the moon streaming through my bathroom window. Calling me to pull up the shade to let its full light through. Allowing the beams of light, the rays of love to fill me. My broken body full of disease this morning. Willing me to write this prayer for peace. Pulling me out of my discomfort to write this prayer, this prayer that filled me. That came from a place deep within. This prayer for peace.
I pray for the Universe to shine down on all of us
Lifting us out of fear
Filling us with love instead
Asking us to address that which we fear
So that it does not control us
Until we are left alone
Asking for peace to come into our hearts
Pushing aside war
Knowing that all war is
Is fear
Disguised to look like aggression
Making us falsely believe we are fearless
When in fact we are full of fear
A fear that is driving us
Under this Hunters Moon
Where the light turned from yellow to red
Red like the blood
The blood that is spilled needlessly
In the name of triumph
False triumph
Because in true triumph
There is no blood shed
Only love spread
When we we see the signs of the universe
For what they are
We understand
That there is enough
Enough for us all
We don't need to steal someone else's light
Pretending it is our own
When in fact it is not
When our light is really over there
Where there is plenty
Rather than laying in the shadows
Of someone else's light
Waiting lurking
For their weakness to show
So we can pounce on it
Thinking it will help us
Make us grow
But the only thing it will do
Is diminish us
Make us more fearful
Exhibit more pestilence
More jealousy
More war
Because we know
We are not standing
Not standing in our own light
But we are in the shadows
The shadows of someone else's light
Rather than accepting and knowing
Who we are
And being who we are
So we can stand in our own light
As I come to close
I look for the moon
To find it low in the West
Obscured somewhat by my Poinciana tree
But when I look
Look carefully through the leaves
I see the moon
Its light still hanging on
And then it is eclipsed
Eclipsed by the sun
Just before the dark sky
Turns into the morning light
I end my prayer
My prayer under this Hunter's Moon
My prayer for peace
My prayer for forgiveness
My prayer for letting go
And letting be
So we can all claim our spot
Our true spot in the light
Where we don't feel the need
To steal someone else's light
When there is enough light
Enough light for us all
When we embrace who we are
For all we are
Under the light
The light of the Hunter's Moon
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment